Monday, July 31, 2006

Life Happenings

Life has been happening at a rather convoluted pace lately. And that is really disconcerting. It seems to crawl, and then almost stop. Other times it goes obscenely fast almost as if one were on a roller coaster, and you feel like throwing up from all the excitement. Life (God) has sure thrown some surprises my way, and I'm not always sure what to do with the things that come my way. I want to be in His will all the time, but I'm not always sure what His will is. That is why I am always glad that he gives us his comforting and encouraging words to take to heart. "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". That passage from Proverbs right there, is just so amazing to me. All he wants is for us to acknowledge him in everything, and he will make your path straight. So, Lord, I choose to acknowledge you for everything you've given me, for everything you have made me, and for everything that has happened in my life. You are the center, the very heart of me. And I love you. Please make my paths straight, and guide me in your truth.

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (NIV)

Proverbs 11:5
The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness. (NIV)

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (NIV)

Isaiah 28:26
His God instructs him and teaches him the right way. (NIV)

Isaiah 42:16
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. (NIV)

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. (NIV)

Psalm 37:23
If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; (NIV)

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. (NIV)

Psalm 73:23-24
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. (NIV)

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.


No comments: