Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some Poetry In Motion

The Wait

by Gwendolyn Kinsman

The journey has come again
The one I swore I'd never take.
It's so enticing, it's so surreal
That it's come to my door.
Should I throw away my sentiments
Or wait for something more?

The wait is the thing that keeps me strong
Especially the unknown of what's to come.
I'd wait for a million years
If I knew that it was one the one.

This path seems so enticing
Just ready for me to grab
But I see a shadow and dark cloud
Hanging overhead.

I do the only thing I can.
I stop and think.
And slowly reaching forward,
I close the door and wait some more.

Unwell

You are clearly unwell to think they would not notice
Do you think because you cry wolf, people will care?
Your bitter heart only pours out lies and anger
And no one would believe you if to tell the truth you did dare.

You spoil the good in everything you touch.
Only evil drips from your hands.
Nothing unfortunate enough to come in contact with you survives
And your hideousness is rampant throughout the land.

And yet you consider yourself a great person.
You think that because you are a female people will believe.
Well I'm telling you that I think you are a waste of life
And you are nothing but a festering cancerous disease.

My grievances with the world

I don't like people, and I don't know why
Maybe because most of them suck at being people.
People are made to have relationships and have feelings
And I'm sick of all the people who only care about themselves and their own thing.

Open your eyes to the world around you
See that the world doesn't revolve around your petty problems.
In the person next to you, you'd be surprised to find what they are going through
And that your own delusions of grandeur are not as grand as you think.

There is nothing more pathetic than seeing someone constantly complaining
And thinking only they have things go wrong.
So next time your venting,
Realize that you're the only one who actually cares
Because people are dealing with their own stuff
And quit expecting me to pander to you.

No comments: