Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Question That Most People Have

Can there be true love without friendship?

Prompt #3.

I of course wholeheartedly believe that it is not possible. How can you truly love someone that you don't truly know? I believe that having a romantic relationship based on a friendship is the only way it will last. I have known far too many people who get married based only on attraction/lust and don't take time to actually find out what makes their partner unique, they don't take the time to become a friend to each other and more often than not it has ended in a bitter divorce.

Besides, who wants a romantic relationship with someone they don't truly know? I believe that a lasting and deep relationship is what most people strive for, without friendship, it means very little. Why else would I be with a person? It certainly would not be for purely physical reasons, as I want to remain a virgin until I get married. I guess for me, it comes down then to finding someone who will complete me, and without friendship that would never happen.

While taking time to form a friendship with someone of the opposite sex that you are interested in dating may seem arduous and strenuous, it should be well worth it in the end.


And here is a song that I have become obsessed with. It is very sad and romantic.
Michael Buble- Lost

Lost - Michael Buble

No comments: