Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Everytime I claim I'm going to post more, I don't. So instead, I'll try reverse psychology. I'm not going to post ever again. (Now if I do, I have succeeded and if I don't, I'm just being truthful). That being said, I'm an odd duck as my family and friends have been prone to tell me in my lifetime. Embarrassing fact 1: I've listened to the Titanic Soundtrack for the last three days, at least four times through, and each time The Portrait comes on, I ugly cry. The movie is sad, but the music guts me, because it conjures up other sad/bad feelings in me. And I can't quit it. I have more embarrassing facts, but I'll save them for later, because I'm lazy and I want to go watch Dune and eat ice cream and forget about my troubles for a bit. (Mainly applying for a butt ton of jobs and not hearing anything back again, even after they contacted me and were interested.) I need a teaching job. Does anyone have a 7th-8th grade Language Arts position open for a newly graduated teacher, who is certified in the state of Ohio and is totally open to applying to other states to teach as well? If so hit me up in the comments. Some reasons why you should consider me: 1. I love grammar. I have taught grammar to sixth graders who loved it and told me in my rating surveys that I was the most fun teacher they ever had for grammar. 2. I read close to 200 books a year. 3. I love learning and sharing it with others. 4. I love inspiring students to be more than they ever thought they could be, to give them hope for their future, and something to look forward to. 5. I can run a copier like no one's business. For real though. I am pretty handy with grunt work and projects like that. I used to work in an office for like two years, and I'm really good at it. 6. Most of all, I love working with kids every day and laughing at things they say, and getting smiles out of the grumpy students who don't like school, and finally getting a concept across to a student and seeing that light bulb moment. Totally worth all the lesson planning and late hours and tossing and turning at night.

No comments: